Thursday, March 12, 2009

WIP: Belial


Here is my work in progress counts as Belial model for my Dusk Hunters Terminator Army. Plastic Termi with a power armor tabard from the Black Templars upgrade box. Idea of using this will a Termi is from Dave Taylor in WD 310. Filed off the templar cross from belt buckle to be replace with a skull logo. The arms are ready to go but I was not careful enough in cutting the pieces so I have some gaps to fill with a little green stuff. If he was not going to have such an open pose I could probably avoid it but his claws are going to be held somewhat up so the joint will be in full view.

The head is also from the Black Templars box. I really liked that box for these type of more unusual bits. If you are getting ready to start a marine force, it might be useful to get one to make your army stand out.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good so far, I've always though the BT torsos on Termies looked good, (even if you do have to file off the iconogrpahy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pointed neck guard is really what will make the model stand out compared to normal terminators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The miniature is already looking very dynamic - even without the arms. You're right that these unique bits make a marine army stand out. Some of them might be good for certain traitor factions as well (e.g. Word Bearers).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should meantion that. In WD 310 where the black templar bits were first shown one of the conversions done with the exact chestplate I am using was a Word Bearer. I plan on using my other chest plate like this for my counts as Tigurus(sp) model.

    ReplyDelete