Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Picking Up the Slack



So everyone who reads this blogs is probably aware of the From the Warp blogger group. Ron has done a great job over their getting everyones posts read around the net. I know it brings in more than a third of my traffic but the 40K and GW blogging community has just gotten to big to be contained in one blog list. With over 300 blogs the list minding software just starts to have bot break downs. So he has changed his listing structure which will cause more posts to disappear fast from news roll.

While I have been steadily adding to my blog list I still have a few spots open for the 25 long list so I will be on the look out for a few new ones to add in the next couple of days. I think everyone out their should set one of these up to help let everyone know of the great work out there. While it is tempting to always include the big blogs it might be better to intentional add some smaller ones also. The little guys need to look out for each other. I know most people have these lists but I can think a few blogs that don't so if you do not think about adding it. Ron cannot do all the work.

Interesting the way Ron has his lists set up now it is hard to say if you want to be in the major list or the general one. The majors are 10 spots for 60 people all who update pretty regularly. This might completely turn over 3-4 times a day. The general one is 25 spots probably 200 people. A post here might be listed most of the day. The turnover in the top list will be more but you are up higher on the page so it will all cancel out.

Thanks for listening

3 comments:

  1. I can increase the spots for the top 60... I'm still working it out and seeing what works best. Thanks for all the support.

    I think you've got a great idea with everyone setting up their own blogrolls to look out for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also looking to change the layout of my blog to have the "blogroll" positioned on the left, instead of below new posts.

    If your interested in exchanging links, mines http://ottawagamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the 3 columns is the way to go for these blogs. With all the monitor being widescreen anyway it, they just present the info better.

    I like how my layout is set up right now. When you scroll down from the title image to the post both side columns have the important links and notices.

    ReplyDelete