Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blood Bowl: 2nd Edition Assorted Miniatures

I have several small groups of 2nd edition Blood Bowl minis that I never got enough to have a real team. Here we have 6 humans with 2 blockers, 1 blitzer, 1 catcher, 1 lineman, and a thrower. Note how the catcher looks beefier than the line man. These guys represent like 1/3 of a team and I would probably have to invest like 60 dollars on ebay to make them into a full team (which is pretty much just buying a whole team anyway) so they will probably stay just randoms for some time.



Here I have 2 Ogres from second edition. One can go with my 3rd edition marauder team and the other one into Chaos Past.



Here are my random Star Players. The Blood Bowl Ninja which I have to guess was just a sculpter wanting to make a ninja. Human star catcher and Puggy Baconbreath the only halfling from second edition that I have.




And to round it out we have the 2 undead/necro star players with a Frankstein and werewolf. These were strange players since they did not have an minis for the undead team.

8 comments:

  1. Hey dude, I have a bunch of those old metal humans - are you interested in doing a swap to get a full team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a bunch of bloodbowl guys lying around too--I should dig them out and see what I have. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Let me know what you have and we can see what we can work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In looking as some of your other Bloodbowl teams, I've noticed you haven't painted any of them. Are you just collecting or do you intend to paint them someday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have some epic scale stuff too. I'll take a look there too.

    Looking at your Barter Bucket, which Dwarf Army book is it? The latest one, or a previous edition? Also, the Orks from Assault on Black Reach--is that all of them, or just some of them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old teams are actually covered in a lacquer that my dad put on them to cut down the contact with the lead so they all need to be stripped in paint thinner.

    I have mainly just played with paint schemes so far. I think the farthest I have gotten is my undead team which is like 40% done and a wood elf team but I did not love the way they turned out so I will probably strip them soon.

    Most of my stuff is currently in limited availability and with a basement to finish and a new born painting time is few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pics of some of the stuff can be found here:

    http://twilight40k.blogspot.com/2011/04/garage-sale-40k-warhammer-fortress.html

    Also in painting the teams I seem to want to paint them all blue and gold. Chaos and Lizardment both have that color scheme. I tried to do the wood elves in an autumn scheme of brown and orange but it is just not right. Might have to do them in a more traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought some miniatures to one of my friends, two chaos players, chaos dwarf lineman, dark elf lineman, and a very extrange flesh golem.

    ReplyDelete