Friday, October 17, 2014

X-Wing Miniatures: E-Wing


Another Rebel X-Wing ship to look at today.  Here we have the E-wing Booster pack which come with all the stuff you expect from an X-Wing ship.





I have to say that I really do not care for the look of this ship.


It is not that the mini is bad or the details are not there.  It is just the design does not do anything for me.


This is a pretty pricey ship with the lowest cost one being up at 27.  That gets you 3, 3, 2, 3 so good hitting and dodging power with average damage absorption.  The action bar is pretty full and the upgrades are also available with advanced system, torpedo, and astromech options.  I think I like the card text on Etahn better then Corran but I have a feeling that I would forget to use it as it applies to all attackers on enemy ships in his fire arc.

5 Upgrade cards with 1 system, 1 veteran skill, 1 torpedo, and 2 droids.  There have been a lot of new droids added to the game with the rebel transport so I cannot say I am up on them all.  Neither of these jump out at me.

The E-Wing is a lot like the Defender a expensive and fancy ship but nothing that appears to really add a lot new to the game other than a slight variation on the existing X-Wing or B-Wing fighters. Anyone out there given it a go to see how it flies?

No comments:

Post a Comment