Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend's Work


So this is what I was up to this weekend. I was building something but it had nothing to do with 28 mm miniatures. This project is supposed to take 2 people about 12 hours to do. I do not think I am going to make it in under that time limit. With spring cleaning on Saturday and this on Sunday, I was beat when I woke up this morning for work.

My Father-in-law, and my mom's friend came over on Sunday to help with the build. My mom was tasked with sorting the hardware components with my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and loving wife were tasked with making lunch and dinner while keeping the 3 year old away from the power tools.

Here I am after about 7 hours of work on Sunday. I add more of the fencing on the deck this evening but will need help to get the roof on and the swing beam up later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! That first pic looks like the kind of thing that would be good for a 'funny caption' contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I at least learned that the floor is sturdy as I screwed in each board then sat on it to do the next one. Getting the roof pieces up is not going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete