Monday, June 8, 2015

6MMRPC: Painting/Hobby Station


So for this week's Miniature Mountain Reduction Monday we will look at my hobby space.  So now that I pretty much finished my basement project after seven years (still need to repaint the stairwell and put the finish flooring on the stairs), we have set up the offices downstairs along the back wall.  I have a desk on the end with two drawer sets.  One for hobby and one for paperwork.  This should be really helpful in getting stuff done since before I had to drag stuff out of the back of the basement upstairs to the dinner table and down any time I wanted to work on anything.  I can get it pretty cleaned after use since the wife does not love seeing a mess of stuff out in the common places.  Plus the three year old thinks he and touch stuff that I leave out.


 The top drawer is the tools, glue, and such in a cutlery tray.  Cutting mat sits over the top to sort of hide the stuff from the kids at first glance.


Second drawer is the miniatures in build phase.  Currently a lot of trollcast Impact! Miniatures fantasy football guys to do.


Next drawers have my pan-vice, water cups, painting plate, and some dropper paint bottles.


Sort of how it looks when I am working.  For someone who did not paint much I have a lot of paints and brushes.  The paints I am currently storing in a 12*12 scrapbook paper organizer with them approximately sorted by color and tone.

5 comments:

  1. It's always interesting to see other spaces - thanks for showing. It's good to have a solid order like this to pack away back to as well, but so easy to leave things out between sessions and let the clutter return...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. The 3 year old is really the problem.

      Delete
  2. Ha!

    It's been too long since I last showed my 'painting station' - I should do so, methinks.

    Meantime, that cutlery tray is a blindingly good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at IKEA with the drawers and table tops.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love seeing other peoples hobby spaces! Yours is wayyy cleaner than mine haha!

    ReplyDelete